Feb 3rd, 2013
3 SUPERBOWL FOODS the I.AM.YOU. WAY:
1. Salmon Salad Crostini. Omegas and Protein while still fun. Recipe Here
2. Popcorn. Easily pickable, and with 1/5 of the calories and fat. Pop fresh or buy pre-made with olive oil and salt.
3. Avocado Toast: Toast good quality bread, sliced avocado, olive oil, hot flakes. More well rounded than chips and guac and will save you from ODing.
Oct 26th, 2012
This is what I.AM.YOU. calls “fake good food.” Why? It is a lean white fish - good. Farm raised in previously found as toxic chinese farms - bad. Bottom Line? DO NOT EAT IT.
If you are a tilapia eater, or a “oh I will have the healthy white fish option,” ask yourself, and whoever it is that is serving it: 1) what type of fish it actually is 2) where it is from. If the answer is “general white fish” or “tilapia” I would err on the side of caution and go for something else.
You see, you do not need to be a vegetarian to be healthy, but you DO need to eat only clean, organic, fresh meats and fishes.
May 31st, 2012
Easy super energy salad to eat as a snack, side or main… Baby Spinach + Sauteed Zucchini from last night + Olive Oil + Balsamic. and it’s a hint to some I.AM.YOU. Cooking surprises to come!-I.AM.YOU. NOURISHMENT
Feb 23rd, 2012
Why do snacks have to be ‘Snack Food’? They don’t! Take a look at my Caprese snack today in Arizona. Fresh, local mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, and a drizzle of olive oil. True nourishment for my body, which is exactly what it is looking for when I have a snack craving to begin with. Enjoy!
Jan 20th, 2012
HANGOVER FOODS… that are HEALTHY.
Yes! It is possible. Here is are some hangover options infinitely better for you than the fried, cheese wonders that I know you likely cave to.
1. Avocado lightly Salted. Helps replenish what the booze sucked out.
2. Salad with ANY dressing. The lettuce helps rehydrate you give its high water content.
3. 2 Eggs Any Style. The enzymes in the eggs help absorb/break down the alcohol.
4. Hot Sauce. Old Wives tail that works.
5. Burger without the cheese, bacon, fixings. Just straight up red meat to re-energize your weak organs and muscles.
See - not so bad. And definitely not AS bad as fries, fried, donuts, and whatever else was floating around the office this am!