Jan 21st, 2014
Egg Yolks are actually incredibly helpful for strong eyesight & fertility, amongst other things. Every now and then go all out and get the egg whites… with the yolk (ideally organic cage free). Your internal bod will long run thank you.
Jan 9th, 2014
Winter Warmth Veggies!
-Sautee 2 cloves garlic and 1 yellow onion in olive oil
-Chop 3 zucchinis and add to the the pan.
-Add 1 cup broccoli
-Add 1/2 cup peas
-Cover with a pan and stir occasionally.
-Serve warm over rice, quinoa, pasta or plain, and here with a dollop of organic sour cream.
Jan 1st, 2014
5 STEPS TO START OFF 2014 with a BANG
1. Time for Yourself. Yes, it can often feel impossible, but it is more possible than you think… if you just don’t make it so daunting. Take 2 minutes before you get in the shower to breathe, 5 minutes before you go to that dinner to just sit, 10 minutes between appointments to read, or of course if you can, longer to do something that makes you truly happy, inside and out.
2. Move Every Day. Easy-peasy, especially if you live in a city. Stroll before hailing the cab, get out of the subway a stop early, or, of course, yoga. Blood pumping, endorphins, and so much more goodness from something so basic.
3. Smile. There are little things in life worthy of a smile even on the worst, most stressful of days. First let yourself see them, and then don’t be afraid to crack one. It will probably be contagious
4. Sleep. As an extremely energetic person, sleep has always been something I have undervalued, and especially in my Wall Street years, permitted myself a scant 4-5 hours. The thing is, sleep is good, and imperative. Just upping your sleep by a 10% can boost your immune system, resilience, energy levels, and moods.
5. Detox. Toxins are everywhere – even in the good food, and most definitely in the stress, travel, and cocktails. Cleansing your body of them so you can live life to the fullest is actually easier than people make you think. Just eat leafy greens and drink some Tox it Out or Hangover Helper tea regularly, and you are good to go.
That’s it. Really. Here’s to the New Year!
- Dec 31st, 2013 photo
Dec 27th, 2013
Prepare for the BEST Year of YOU.
2014 is right.. around… the corner… Which is awesome, exciting, and perhaps daunting, all at the same time.
We always find there is a mad rush to find the ultimate cleanse, join the better gym, scramble for an escape to the sun, and sign up for the new class, all in the first week, even hours, of the new year….
But at I.AM.YOU. we are all about helping decrease the spazzing and increase the wellness and happiness, with as little effort as possible, within the context of your crazed daily life. Which is why we have here for you the ultimate kit to starting off the new year right.
1. DETOX. We all need it. Even if you did not drink, eat any sweets, or party over the holidays. You can do a simple 3 day cleanse with us, based on tea and food, but lately I have been more into our TOX IT OUT tea. Drink it 1-2x a Day, with either ALIEN BABY DEBLOAT or STRESS RELIEVER mid day, and you will be cleansing your liver, kidneys, and metabolic system simply and easily without even subjecting yourself to a gruelling cleanse program. All teas are 10% off through 3 Jan 2014 with our BEYOU2014 code, and are hand made right here in NYC with traditional Chinese herbs.
2. MOVE. In our favorite way, yoga. We have 14 classes for you to do at home of all different lengths, so there is always a way. If you get the entire set of 7 video classes ($100 here) and forward us your receipt, you will get a free Nutritional Coaching session in 2014 with me. All for you.
3. ESCAPE. Sun is a must. For sanity, and that whole vitamin D thing. And we have it sorted for you with a short 3 hour direct flight from NYC to Tulum. Join us 15-22 March, or even just 2-3 days of it at Las Ranitas Eco Boutique in Tulum. Yoga 2x daily, amazing fresh Mexican and organic eats, sea, sun, sand… and everything you need to recharge in a real way.
4. LEARN. If you don’t learn, you will never know how to get better, and this is the year of you after all :). Try a Nutritional Coaching session, or sign up for the full 3 month monty. Our success rate in people meeting their weight, wellness and happiness goals - without the dogmas, rules, and obsessiveness - is over 90%. We adapt our advice to the life you lead, as opposed to asking to change everything and start steaming greens and grains every night. Yuk, and no fun.
There you have it. Everything you need to have the best year of you ever. And discounted with extra smiles and treats all around.
Just do it now. You will be thanking yourself when you wake up the first day of 2014…